Monday, March 28, 2011

Kuwahamasisha

Motivation and Productivity:
The keys to getting things done: motivation and productivity. Plain and simplistic. There is no way you will get anything done without the motivation; then, once you have the motivation, it is imperative that you are productive.
Motivation can be a hard thing to receive. If you have trouble getting motivated, there's a few things you can try. Personally, I find my two most effective ways are through rewards and punishments. You could either reward or punish yourself when you either do or don't get things done. I've found it's easiest to reward myself because it takes a LOT of self control to punish yourself, but of course, it's quite easy to give yourself a reward. Here's how it works. You have NO desire to do your math homework. Why? (Other than the obvious I-don't-want-to-exert-myself reason). You want to be on Facebook, watch Youtube videos, text friends, watch a movie, eat food, etc. There are many reasons we don't want to do the things we have to do. So here's what YOU are going to do. Break out your math homework and say to yourself, for every problem I complete, I can eat one chip, or text one person back, or watch one Youtube video. Then, in order to do the thing you WANT to do, suck it up, factor a couple numbers, and then voila! You have yourself ONE delicious chip. Want another one? Show some self control, and do another math problem to EARN it. This reward system can be applied to anything. There's no reason you can't do what you want while or right after accomplishing tasks. You could also reward yourself AFTER doing a big task, with some ice cream or a 30 minute break. You, by no means, have to do EVERYTHING at once in order to be productive. In fact, I'd suggest that you take breaks; just be careful you don't take to many.
Once you have this motivation, BE PRODUCTIVE. Don't get distracted. Create a workspace where you can stay focused. (Which we'll talk about next week). It's all about productivity. If you master these two principles, you'll be able to utilize your time better and get done with things faster than you imagined you could! Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment